Welcome to the Millar Western Pulp Mill Safety Orientation for Contractors
The Millar Western pulp team welcomes you to our site and looks forward to working with you. Prior to your arrival, we ask that you please complete our safety orientation by reviewing the following materials and filling out the required forms in the order in which they are presented.
Remember: no job is so important that it justifies taking shortcuts or overlooking safety procedures. The safe choice is always the right choice. Our goal is to have everyone return to their homes and families safely at the end of the workday. If you have any questions or are unclear as to safety expectations, please get in touch with your employer and/or Millar Western site contact.
Have a safe day!
contractor safety orientation – steps:
- Go to the MyOTF website: review the video and complete the exam. For login coordinates to MyOTF, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review the Millar Western Visitor Video.
- Review the Millar Western Contractor Video.
- Complete the Millar Western Contractor Orientation Quiz and email it to email@example.com or bring it with you to site.
- Read the Millar Western Whitecourt Pulp Division – Quality & Environmental Policy Statement.
- Read the Millar Western Whitecourt Pulp Division – Master Aspect List. Note that this list summarizes elements of the Pulp Division’s activities, products or services that can interact with the environment.
COVID-19 Safety Policy
Note that masks and visors must be worn in all common areas, and when 2 or more individuals are within 2 meters of each other.
- Complete a COVID-19 Rapid Test prior to your arrival on site. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Complete the COVID-19 Contractor Risk Assessment Form. Forward the completed and signed form to your site contact on the first day of work, prior to your arrival on site. Repeat this process for each subsequent day of work.
- Practice physical distancing of 2 meters.
- Clean any shared equipment or tools before and after use.
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- All breaks and lunch breaks shall only be taken in a lunch room where physical distancing is being practiced. This may mean that breaks are staggered with other workers on site.
Please bring appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the job, including a mask or visor.
Note that the following must be completed before your arrival on site:
- A COVID-19 rapid test
- A COVID-19 Risk Assessment form
If you require assistance with the safety orientation, please email email@example.com.