Welcome to the Millar Western Pulp Mill Safety Orientation for Contractors
The Millar Western pulp team welcomes you to our site and looks forward to working with you. Prior to your arrival, we ask that you please complete our safety orientation by reviewing the following materials and filling out the required forms in the order in which they are presented.
Remember: no job is so important that it justifies taking shortcuts or overlooking safety procedures. The safe choice is always the right choice. Our goal is to have everyone return to their homes and families safely at the end of the workday. If you have any questions or are unclear as to safety expectations, please get in touch with your employer and/or Millar Western contact.
Please note: Once on site, we require all visitors to wear a mask, for your protection and that of our employees.
Have a safe day!
contractor safety orientation – steps:
- Go to the MyOTF website: review the video and complete the exam. For login coordinates to MyOTF, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Bring the signed Pulp and Paper Safety Orientation certificate with you to the site.
- Review the Millar Western Visitor Video.
- Review the Millar Western Contractor Video.
- Complete the Millar Western Contractor Orientation Quiz. Bring the completed quiz with you to the site.
- Read the Millar Western Whitecourt Pulp Division – Quality & Environmental Policy Statement.
- Read the Millar Western Whitecourt Pulp Division – Master Aspect List. Note that this list summarizes elements of the Pulp Division’s activities, products or services that can interact with the environment.
- Read the Pulp Mill Social Distancing Policy
- Complete the COVID-19 Contractor Risk Assessment Form. Forward the completed and signed form to your site contact on the first day of work, prior to your arrival on site. Repeat this process for each subsequent day of work.
Note that the COVID-19 Risk Assessments must be completed and submitted each day before your arrival at Millar Western. Also, please bring the following with you to the job site:
- A signed Pulp and Paper Safety Orientation certificate
- A completed Millar Western Contractor Orientation Quiz
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the job, including masks for when social distancing is not possible
If you require assistance with the safety orientation, please email email@example.com.