Throughout our long history, Millar Western has advanced by engaging with our people, enabling their ideas, and collaborating on our work.
Our workforce is made up of people from a wide range of backgrounds, skills, and experiences, and our growing diversity is making our company stronger. We continue to build a workplace where employees of all identities and backgrounds feel appreciated and included, recognizing that expanding our perspectives helps drive our success. We believe that, when people are respected as individuals, they are empowered to build the rewarding career they want and will work to improve our business performance and culture.
- Provide equitable opportunity for employment, advancement, and compensation to all qualified people.
- Create a work environment where all employees feel welcome, valued, and included.
- Foster a culture in which all employees feel encouraged to freely share ideas and concerns.
We are proud of our diverse workforce and of the steps we have taken to make all people feel welcome and valued.
- Our employees know that no form of harassment, bullying, or discrimination will be tolerated in our workplace.
- To ensure that we are better informed, we have provided staff training in Diversity & Inclusion, Unconscious Bias, and Indigenous Awareness & Relations.
- We have reviewed our compensation practices to ensure pay equity, and we will seek recruitment tools that reinforce neutrality.
- We have created an Indigenous Relations Principles and Commitment Statement, to enhance our focus on, and strengthen our relationships with, Indigenous communities, and we have reviewed our statement with key Indigenous partners.
- We see the critical role that mentorship plays in opening doors for all, so we recognize mentorship skills in our employee performance reviews and service awards.
- We have joined the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion to benefit from their information and resources.
- In drafting this Diversity and Inclusion Plan, we encourage further, company-wide participation in continued progress.
We will continue learning more about each other by asking our employees how we are doing and what we can do to be better:
- We will provide more resources that enable employees to share their experiences and promote company progress.
- And we will continue to seek new ways to ensure that our recruitment and advancement practices promote diversity and are as free from bias as we can make them.