We, the shareholders and employees of Millar Western Forest Products Ltd., live and raise our families where we work, and have based our livelihoods on the responsible and sustainable development of renewable natural resources. We have a direct interest in minimizing any adverse impacts of our activities and promoting the long-term health of the environment.
- Comply with all environmental laws and regulations relevant to our operations,
- Uphold other environmental standards to which we have committed,
- Work diligently to achieve sustainable use of natural resources,
- Conduct our activities using a holistic, ecosystem-based approach,
- Minimize any adverse impacts of our operations on the land, water and air,
- Ensure corporate and operational planning considers environmental issues and impacts,
- Invest in research, training and technology aimed at enhancing our environmental performance,
- Evaluate our environmental performance regularly and apply findings to continuous improvement,
- Update our environmental policies as necessary, to reflect new developments and changing expectations,
- Help employees to understand our environmental policies and approaches, and to develop the skills and commitment necessary to uphold them, and
- Make available information on our environmental policies and practices to our customers, communities and investors, and welcome the views of all interested parties.