Do you #LoveABForests?
Have you seen our industry’s Love Alberta Forests campaign, popping up on computer, phone, TV and cinema screens, and on radio ads and billboards around the province?
Last week, Millar Western office got in on the action, inviting our friends and partners at Ducks Unlimited to join us for a photo at one of the campaign billboards in Edmonton.
Led by the AFPA and supported by companies like Millar Western, the campaign was launched for one reason: Most Albertans don’t know much about forestry, and that’s holding them back from supporting it. We want to show them that Alberta’s forests are an amazing resource – one that’s thoughtfully managed, sustainable and worth celebrating.
The Love Alberta Forests campaign is all about sharing the commitment that goes into our forestry practices:
- We make 200 year plans for our forests that reflect our dedication to all aspects of the landscape, including wildlife, water, recreation, and other important values.
- We plant 2 trees for every 1 that we harvest. We are careful to give more than we take.
- Re-planting isn’t the end of the job. We monitor and tend to our forest ecosystems to ensure a healthy, diverse, self-sustaining forest has been successfully established.
- We support forest research to help develop best practices that guide how we care for our forests.
- Our sustainable forest industry employs 40,000 Albertans and supports 70 communities across the province.
You can be part of the conversation: Snap a picture with a tree or one of the campaign logos or billboards, and post it on social media with the hashtag #LoveABForests, sharing what you love about our company, industry and forests…
- They allow us to employ great people…
- They provide recreation opportunities…
- They let us build things we value, like our houses, and produce things that people all over the world use every day, like newspapers, books, medical supplies, diapers for their babies
Learn more at https://www.loveabforests.com/