Millar Western’s Whitecourt Wood Products Division is now accepting summer student applications. The summer work term extends from April 26 to August 31, 2021. The following guidelines will be used in selecting successful candidates:
• Individuals must be registered for full-time attendance in a post-secondary school for the term beginning September 2021
• First consideration will be given to students currently enrolled in full-time post-secondary studies
• Applicants must be available to work until the end of the summer season – August 31st
In addition to the above, candidates will be selected on merit via the following process:
• Telephone/in-person interview
• Returning students
• Reference check from past employers and/or schools
• Reference check from previous Millar Western supervisor, where applicable
All students must have the ability to perform the tasks required, works shifts and perform to company standards for the duration of the work term. Successful candidates will be notified by mid April.
Why work for us?
Millar Western is a privately-owned, Alberta-based company that has been active in the forest products business for more than a century. Operating high-tech lumber and pulp mills supplied by woodlands teams recognized for leadership in sustainable management, the company provides stable, full-time employment to more than 700 people at operations located in lively, friendly, communities that offer excellent quality of life. The company offers:
• a commitment to the highest safety standards, with a safety program recognized under initiatives such as Partners in Injury Reduction, Work Safe Alberta and the Premier’s Award for Healthy Workplaces
• a collaborative and respectful work environment that values the skills of our people and encourages them to take on new challenges and advance within the organization
• a chance to live where you work – no commuting or camps
These positions are located in Whitecourt, Alberta, a vibrant community located 170 km northwest of Edmonton, offering excellent housing, educational and recreational opportunities.