Millar Western Forest Products Ltd.’s Spruceland Millworks Division is looking to hire a Production Supervisor to work in our Acheson, Alberta manufacturing facility. Reporting to the site’s General Manager, this individual will be responsible for maintaining a safe and efficient work environment and will lead crews to achieve desired production targets optimizing quality, recovery, and value. This individual will work to maintain a positive, cooperative relationship between employees, managers, and other supervisors and ensure:
• safe work practices are in place and understood by all staff;
• crews are performing at optimal levels;
• product quality is meeting customer expectations;
• accurate daily and monthly operating results are tracked and reported; and
• employees have well established and understood performance expectations.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, self-motivated, well organized, and capable of working professionally with staff, customers and visitors to the site. They will focus on creating positive relationships with staff and managers to align with business goals. Several years’ operational experience, preferably in a lumber manufacturing setting, as well as strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills are essential.
Why work for us?
Millar Western is a privately-owned, Alberta company active in the forest products business for more than a century. Operating high-tech lumber and pulp mills supplied by woodlands teams recognized for leadership in sustainable forest management, the company provides stable, full-time employment to more than 700 people in lively, friendly, communities that offer excellent quality of life. We offer:
• a competitive wage and benefits program that includes RRSP matching and health and dental insurance
• a commitment to the highest safety standards, with a safety program recognized under initiatives such as Partners in Injury Reduction, Work Safe Alberta and the Premier’s Award for Healthy Workplaces
• a collaborative and respectful work environment that values the skills of our people and encourages them to take on new challenges and advance within the organization
• a chance to live where you work – no commuting or camps